Writing │ Editing │ Strategic communications
We believe a professional writer’s two greatest strengths are versatility and creativity. We confidently take on projects in new subject areas and appreciate the opportunity to learn something. We have yet to meet a subject about which we could not write engagingly and effectively.
But we understand that some clients prefer to seek out writers or editors who already have some knowledge of the subject at hand. So for those of you who’d like to know what ours are:
- Patti has written more than 60 speeches, many focusing on multiculturalism or sustainable development.
- She has written and edited reports about innovation, and has a knack for bringing complex scientific and economic subjects to life for a variety of audiences.
- Patti also has many years of experience writing about financial and investment topics.
- She has a facility for writing engaging profiles of people and organizations, and has created profiles for a variety of clients including Bell Canada, Canada Post, National Research Council Canada, Genome Canada, National Magazine, and Canadian Healthcare Manager magazine.
- She was a regular contributor to two Canadian law magazines for nearly a decade, and edited a globally distributed annual newsletter for the Canadian Bar Association International Development Program.
- Patti has a keen interest in environmental issues and international development. Southside Communications has produced work for the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), Uniterra, USC, World University Service of Canada (WUSC), the British High Commission’s Climate Change Program, the International Development Research Centre, and the Canadian Commission for UNESCO.
- Patti is interested in the experiences of newcomers to Canada. She has written about immigration for National Magazine, has edited several textbooks for adult ESL students at the Toronto Catholic District School Board, has worked on projects for Alberta Human Services (Employment & Immigration), and writes profiles of newcomers for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.